The Parent Council is an auxiliary body of the school board with limited functions. It has no legal standing with respect to the school, its students, staff and academia. The Parent Council is a body of parents, representing parents, run by parents with the support of the school. The Parent Council is an advisory and consultative body. The school head remains the decision maker and will provide strategic leadership.
Aims and Objectives
- To give parents a voice and increase their active involvement in decision-making, fostering a culture of ownership and participation.
- To develop a partnership between the school and parents in order to support and promote the pupils’ learning and bring about change.
- The Parent Council can develop parents’ influence within the school, raising pupils’ achievements and help the school to meet their strategic objectives.
- To promote the International Baccalaureate programme within and outside the school.
- To raise funds for scholarships and financial assistance